Here I go again on my own........

Monday, October 17, 2011

ACEO DAY 85 ANDERSON COOPER


Thank you Anderson Cooper


So today I will mail the ACEO Lucky Seven domino card to President Obama.  I'm sending a letter along with it, it's copied below.  After doing the card for The President I decided to do a card a week to send to someone notable.  So this weeks card is for Anderson Cooper and his reporting on bullying in our schools.  He is definitely one person I miss watching on CNN.  I wish I had been able to see the special.  Tragic that this has to be a concern.

This is the card going to President Obama



President Obama 
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC  20500

Marsha Mahan
Oklahoma City, OK 
marshamahan.art@gmail.com


Dear President Obama,

I am an artist living in Oklahoma City trying to survive.   One of the affected and one of the unnoticed.  I do not have the ability to receive unemployment nor do I qualify for aid.  When the middle class stopped spending, art purchases were one of the very first things to go.  

Since I am limited in marketable skills, I’ve found I’m turning to the web in an attempt to market my art.  I’m trying to find more creative ways.  I have an Etsy store, link below, and I hope you will check it out and please support artists, individuals and those in your community.  I also have a blog going, link also below,  where I am doing an ACEO (Artist Cards Editions and Originals) a day for 365 days.  My subject matter often indicates what is going on nationally and internationally.  Enclosed is ACEO Card #79.  When you recognized October as National Arts and Humanities month I painted the number seven on this card and dedicated it to you.  Since I know gifts received at The White House are kept and archived, I now can honestly say that I have an original piece of art painted specifically for you, President Obama, that is archived in The White House Collection!  There’s no other president I would have rather painted it for.

Most sincerely wishing you success,


Marsha Mahan

http://www.etsy.com/shop/marshamahan

http://marshamahan.blogspot.com/      


No comments:

Powered By Blogger