Here I go again on my own........

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Break Down


 This is where the car broke down.  Just past Tucumcari, NM.  Not that you ever hope to break down, but this is NOT the place to have it happen!













This is the view from the motel where we stayed. One full day and a portion of two others.  The building you can barely see in the distance is where they put the $750 fuel pump in for us!  But then we were off again.



Prior to reaching our destination of Three Rivers, CA, we passed through so many many orchards.  I love the way the rows make patterns on the landscape.  We saw pomegranates growing, oranges, grapes and olives olives olives!  I came home with lemon infused olive oil and some garlic jalapeno stuffed olives.  Yum.  I think there's a martini in there somewhere!







We finally reached Buckeye Tree Lodge.  Shiner was thrilled and her first time in the river was such a delight to her.  It was a delight for me too!  This is out the back door to our lodgings.






No comments:

Powered By Blogger